DevLog Entry #6

Another week has passed and progress has been made! This week I’ve been wearing my coder hat and trying to wrap my head around my previously written code.

The focus has been on small details in the players movement, animation and poses. I’ve also experimented with a new ability, namely being able to shoot from cover. Check it out here:

After sorting out the major quirks in the players movement that bugged me I moved on to some enemy work.
I always struggled with how to solve the issue of being able to shoot enemies half way through them spawning from a door. However I now believe I have found a fairly neat solution. The enemies now try to take cover in the door opening if you shoot at them before they’re fully spawned.

I’ve also tweaked and added some new animations for the enemies, trying to make them act a bit less… dumb.
They now react when there is a gunshot happening that they can’t see, like so:

Next I might do some work on the actual models of the enemies. I’ve still got loads to learn in terms of 3D modelling and skinning…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>